Friday, August 15, 2008

Life Post-UGA


OK...it's been awhile since I last blogged. Life got a little crazy...I successfully defended my thesis, corrected the thesis document and got it submitted, accepted a job in Macon, graduated, and moved home all in about three weeks!!!


I graduated on Aug. 2nd with my MS in Foods and Nutrition (see picture at the top of post). I am now a UGA alumni. Strange, I know. I still feel as if I should be there, but if I was there then life would be even crazier. I'd have no TA job (b/c 3rd year MS student aren't offered assistantships!), a new roommate, a thesis to write, and a job to find. But, I WOULD have UGA football. Which if you know me, means I'd be in heaven. The best place to be on a fall afternoon on the weekend is "between the hedges." I've not experienced anything like it before. But, that is beside the point, my life would still be crazy.


However, I am now a graduate, so that must mean I'm an adult?? Does that mean I have to grow up?? I hope not, there are parts of me longing to be that little girl who could crawl up in her parent's lap and they would make it all better. Then the other part of me just wants to go back and not be so STRESSED all the time. What did I accomplish...ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!


I have an apartment in Macon and I will start working soon. I have to wait on paperwork to come through. So, while waiting on that, I'm here in Pelham sorting through my life (i.e. apartment stuff and belongs, most of which are packed in boxes). I am looking forward to being in Macon and starting to work, I think. Anyone who knows me, know I HATE and AVOID change at any cost. I just don't like it. But I know that in order to grow, physically and spiritually, I have to. All the RD's at the hospital seem very willing and able to handle someone who doesn't have much experience as an RD. For that, I am extremely grateful.


I know God's hand is in all this. I mean just considering how everything unfolded, no man could have done that. He is mighty and powerful. He deserves everything and I deserve nothing. I am trying to give it all to Him and let Him keep it. (Which, if you know me, means I'm having a tough time.) He promises never to give us more than we can handle. I am just trying to have faith and trust in that promise. It's quite a ride I'm on, it's full of ups and downs, tears and joy. But I know that the one who gives me life is in all of it. For that I am thankful.


No comments: