Monday, August 18, 2008

A New School Year

UGA classes started today and for the first time in years I haven't had to attend the first day of school. I must admit it feels strange. No new notebooks, pens, or pencils. No syllabi to carefully review. No students to look at me strangely. No worries of when or if the research will get done. Nothing, nada. I can't say not more studying, because I am studying for the RD exam. Those days will end eventually.

So, here I sit the first day of classes, WANTING to attend. I want to go to class, I want to scrutinize syllabi and stare into the eyes of new students. (But, I CAN live without the worry of research!!!) Is it strange to desire something that I've wanted desperately to end? School and classes are the only thing I know, besides interning. What's a girl to do?? I guess I will have to learn how to relax and enjoy the down time before starting to work.

No comments: