Saturday, October 4, 2008

FIREPROOF....a MUST see!!!

I went last night with a good friend of mine, her husband, and their church to see FIREPROOF. All I have to say is it is AWESOME!!! You must go see it. It's message is incredible and reaches beyond just married couples. It demonstrates the Power of God and what happens when you totally rely on Him. Also, the actors that play Kirk Cameron's parents, I know. Bro. Malcom was the pastor at First Baptist Camilla while I was in school and his wife, Mrs. Phyllis was a substitute teacher at school, and their youngest daughter and I graduated high school together. They were great actors and did an amazing job. I could just imagine Bro. Malcom speaking with and counseling young couples the way the father does in the movie. Mrs. Phyllis, her motherly instincts were very evident throughout. They are wonderful parents, grandparents, and children of God. If you have an opportunity, GO SEE IT!!!!!

I am loving my job. Last week was my first full week on my own. I'd spent the last few weeks shadowing and learning the ropes with the others. So last week I was able to spread my wings and fly. I'm happy to report no major issues. I've been studying at night for the RD Exam. I take it on Nov. 8th, so we are almost down to the one month count. Please pray that all goes well. I really don't want to have to take it a 2nd time. Pray that all the knowledge I've learned is available when I need it.

God has been showing me lately that when I totally rely on Him that life is MUCH better and less chaotic. If you know, me this task has not been an easy one, but I am daily letting Him work within me. He is the Almighty, all knowing. He is God and He is LOVE!!!

1 comment:

Paint on the Canvas said...

Such sweet words Rebecca. I am pretty partial to the parents in this movie as well. Haha. I enjoy reading your blog. I hope you are doing well.